Theresa Piquette, MD
Theresa Piquette, MD, is joining our family at Physicians for Women - Melius & Schurr, as an OBGYN who strives to provide a patient-centered, personalized, and empowering approach to women's care.
A Badger at heart, she originally grew up in Madison, graduated from the University of Wisconsin–Madison, and attended medical school at the Medical College of Wisconsin. She completed her residency training at the Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals in Milwaukee, and she is excited to be returning to Madison to care for the women of her home community.
Her training in Milwaukee has made her well-equipped to care for high-risk patients in both gynecology and obstetrics by providing evidence-based, effective, and goal-oriented treatments, including minimally invasive robotic surgery.
In addition to her breadth of training in both community and academic medical centers, she brings a passion for:
- supporting physiologic childbirth and breastfeeding
- identification and correction of menstrual disorders including PMS, PMDD, abnormal uterine bleeding, and infertility
- providing access to personalized contraceptive management
- minimally invasive surgical techniques including robotic and laparoscopic approaches
- In her free time, she enjoys traveling to warm climates, camping, swimming, cheering on the Packers, and taking on the challenges of home renovation with her husband, Greg. They are joined in their adventures by their dog, Molly.
A favorite hiking spot in Peninsula State Park with husband, Greg
With her husband, Greg, and her dog Molly, the “Adventure Dingo”